CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

~~Snow Means Christmas~~


It snowed here Saturday. I was so excited! I love the snow, and even more so this year because I don't have to go to work or anywhere else. I can stay home and enjoy it. And Darwin was home with me to enjoy it too. And you all know Darwin, he was right out in it. He HAD to shovel the walks and he HAD to straighten out the house lights. (Which meant going up on the roof) Funny man. During the night someone or someones came and tried taking our reindeer from the front yard. Instead the big one came apart and I think the kids got scared and ran, getting away with nothing. Darwin was up before I was so when I came downstairs I found the big reindeer in the house!! I asked him if this was how he was going to keep it safe??? hahaha!! He actually had to fix some of the lights. So big deer is now back in the yard with the baby deer and all are staked down extra good. And you know some kids are not too bright?? It snowed and Darwin could follow their footprints to their doors.......dah! Of course he didn't, sometimes it's wise not to know who was out having good fun. It's not like we didn't cause trouble when we were 12. And our kids did their share. I remember Tori coming home scared because some farmer had chased her and the Basset kid and friends.....and who didn't go toilet papering???
I think we will be getting MORE SNOW today!! So I am going to bring in some wood and bake sugar cookies. And do some laundry, clean bathrooms, change bedding, wrap presents, shovel snow, mop snow off the floor, and start over when Darwin comes home.

11 comments:

Katie S said...

maybe you could write a song - "Grandma got surprised by a reindeer?" Kids aren't very smart sometimes. Neither are adults. How much snow did you get?

Rebekah B. said...

I miss snow. Did I just say that?

MoM B. said...

We got about 2 inches and today it's about all melted...
Shawn misses snow !!!

The Shafers said...

We got a few inches of snow today, and I went out and shoveled and I know I am actually one of those sick people that like to do it!

EaGLeSToNs said...

Well...you should all come the RENO! We have lots and lots of snow. I think we ended up with like 4 or 5 inches on Sunday and Monday. It's supposed to snow again on Friday! I refused to leave the house on Monday, it was really coming down. I put on my coat and gloves to go shovel our driveway and someone beat me to it. We have awesome neighbors! You guys are good sports about the reindeer. Way to Go! I'm glad you're mellowing in your old age! hee hee!

MoM B. said...

WHAT ?? Who are calling old?

MoM B. said...

I love Eli's picture !! I chuckle everytime I see it !! Reminds me of his Mom.....I'll have to post that one. (If I can find it)

Rebekah B. said...

it's 50 degrees in Arkansas today...no snow...no white Christmas in the forecast...

Katie S said...

Maybe Shawn should move to UTAH...

Tori and/or Clark said...

I am slow on the comments. I don't think there was any mellowing involved. Were you more strict with Shawn and Tara or something??? Like you said, Who hasn't gone toilet papering?? There are way to many people around here that can't just blow it off. It's sad for some of the teenagers. It just causes them to come with something more stupid to do.

EaGLeSToNs said...

What picture of Eli?