CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

~~CHRISTMAS IN DELTA~~

Rebekah made me a Chicken Roll Keeper. Grandma Janie had one she would put over a bowl to keep rolls warm then all we had to do was reach in where the wings opened and get our rolls!!! Katie put the chicken on her head (she didn't know what it was for)and said I could wear it for Halloween and give out treats from my head.....Thanks Bekah, I love it and I have it in my kitchen on the cupboard.

Christmas Eve morning they all went sleigh riding. I stayed home and cooked dinner. We didn't have a lot of snow left but the kids, big and small, had a good time, I think.
We were expecting a big snow storm that afternoon, but it didn't show up in Delta until Christmas morning. The kids all stayed late on Christmas Eve, they were making me nervous because we knew Utah and Salt Lake valleys would get hit. Sure enough they hit snow on their way home. We did have fun, lots of food and conversation, playing with the grandbabies, Lincoln watch my Living Scripture DVDs. I was so glad, after talking to Shawn, I thought I had goofed again. Lincoln liked them and Sawyer and Ezra even slowed down a minute to watch!!
We missed our 'out of state' families. It's not the same without them all here. Maybe some day.
Christmas was a good day, nice and quiet. A little too quiet. We opened gifts and ate leftovers. Just vegged out for the day. Thanks for all of the great gifts everyone...we appreciate each of you. And...now we can clean up and get ready to do it again next year!!!! ;-D











9 comments:

Rebekah B. said...

looks like a lot of fun...one day we'll be there to celebrate with you again.

Tori and/or Clark said...

thanks for all the food and fun, sorry I was sick and was pooper at some moments, but it was really fun. we should make sledding a tradition as long as there is snow.

Darwin and Deb said...

Tori makes it sound like she literally had bowel problems that day.

It was a good time!! Thanks for having us come and for taking us out sledding. We had a great time. Thanks for the gifts, too! We've been having fun!!

I changed all your stuff again. Christmas is over. :(

Darwin and Deb said...

Ooops. This is Katie - I'm still logged in under your name. Sorry.

MoM B. said...

Funny girl! Thanks for the new background.....

EaGLeSToNs said...

Looks like a blast! Wish we could've been there. Like Shawn says, someday. Thanks to you also for all the great gifts. It was a fun day!

Tori and/or Clark said...

Katie's right I sounded like I was have stomach issues, funny. HEY I updated my blog finally, sorry about the delay.

The Shafers said...

I am glad you had a nice Holiday season, and it was good to see you at Randy's. If you want to make those frames I made, Call me and I'll give you the info. I ordered the frames online because they are a 5"x12".

EaGLeSToNs said...

You haven't blogged all year. Are you ok?????