CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

~~DECEMBER 9TH~~

I thought today would be a great day to update our blog since it is our baby's birthday!!!
We can't believe Tori is 28 years old. I always think back to that day, she was two weeks over due and really wanted to come into the world!! I remember getting up and knew something wasn't quite right. Katie had been born c-section so it was likely Tori would too. Even though the doctors said not necessarily so. Tori was trying to come through the old incision. We called the doctor's office and they had us come right over and then sent us right to the hospital. While I was waiting for Darwin to come home from work to take me to the doctors, I made a phone call. Back then the General Relief Society board had a hot line with a thought for the month. I called that line and I can't remember who was giving the message but it was about Mary. The Sister remind us about what life was like back then and how hard it was for an expecting mother. No running water, no hospital, no Doctor, no cars, no heat, no pain pills or shots. Here I was scared and feeling so unsure of what was to happen in the next few hours. The Sister continued about how Mary left it to the Lord to watch over her little family as they entered Bethlehem. She knew everything would be all right. How great was her FAITH. Darwin got home and we headed out.
At the hospital, I was set up for another c-section. i had eaten 1 caramel earlier that day so I could not be anesitized. I was glad I had called that hot-line. I could not feel sorry for myself. I could only remember Mary. I prayed for strenghth to handle the pain. The Doctor did deaden
the lower half or whatever they did back then. Of course, it didn't completely work. ;( As I prayed, I heard the doctor decide to just go ahead. That's when I passed out. Tori was delivered and I was stapled up then woke up. It all worked out great.
I will always remember Mary and will always be thankful to her for her courage and example.
So Miss Victoria Ann Bills Thompson, Happy Birthday!!!

8 comments:

Tori and/or Clark said...

Thank you for sharing mom, I like hearing this story, though I am sorry I caused so much pain and never stopped really.

MoM B. said...

Your not a pain !!!

The Shafers said...

That is really sweet. I can't believe how much comfort I get from thinking about the Pioneers and people that did not have the modern things we have. I am glad everything worked out good!!

The Shafers said...

Did Tori get rid of her Blog??

MoM B. said...

No, She changed the name and it messed it up. E-mail her..

Katie S said...

Good reminder. I didn't know she was so late. I'm glad I didnt have babies in the 70's. Staples! Yuck!

Katie S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EaGLeSToNs said...

Thank you for this story. I never knew it before. Like Monica, I also think of the pioneers when things might not be going so very well. They endured a lot and had such great faith. It really makes you greatful for what you have. I'm glad everything turned out ok and Tori turned out to be a pretty good sister/daughter. I'm also grateful, in a way, that I won't ever have to go through what you did. Thanks again!