CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

~~RENO VISIT~~

We made our way to Reno last week. As Tara said, we needed to check on Eli. And we had to make sure Tara and Jake were well also. It was a way too short visit, but they are busy and Talula can only fend for herself for so long. Eli is doing great, he gets around so fast for a little feller. He has the army crawl down and it's like he floats above the wood floor he goes so fast. He wasn't too sure about Grandpa at first, but he was warming up to him before we left. We seen Jake's TV infomercial about the digital Hi-Def thing coming to TV. I did listen but I forget easily.
He was very professional & knowledgeable !! Tara had her Bow-making stuff out and had been working hard before we got there.
It was interesting to see Donner's Pass museum. It makes you glad for what we have and for the time we live in. Even Eli was impressed by it. He got really quiet. The drive around Tahoe was enjoyable, I love Tahoe. It is so peacefully there and people are friendly. Last year, when we checked into the motel, a bear had been in the lobby. We had just missed it. Needless to say, the bellboy was extremely excited !! Going to Tahoe is our annual anniversary get-away, but we decided not to go this year. (Don't know or remember why?)
Any who, we had a very good time and playing Wii was a riot. I found muscles I haven't used for a while.....Now how am I going to get to Shawn & Bekah's ?????

3 comments:

Tori and/or Clark said...

YEah for Reno!!! It is really fun there and I must agree that the donner museum is....interesting....sad, however you want to put it.

Don't worry the wii reminds me that I have more muscle then I think too.

Katie S said...

Sounds like a fun visit. I have never been to the Donner museum - consider yourself lucky. Tahoe is pretty, though.

Are you getting a Wii? I like the Wii Play games best. I am the master fisherman.

EaGLeSToNs said...

The cut-offs comment is in the film strip that you missed. It has journal entries from one of the daughters in the Reed family (I think) anyway she says that is what she learned of the whole experience. "hurry along as fast as you can and don't take no cut offs" She wasn't talking about wearing cut-offs. We're glad you had fun here. And we can't wait to come out to Utah next month!