CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

~~DING DONG - THE SOFA IS GONE~~

We finally retired the old sofa!! We decided it was about 22 years old. So it was about time. We went to St. George and found this one at Ashley Furniture, I had been on the Internet searching so I was glad they had it in the showroom. Of course, it didn't look quite this big at the store. Then of course, the chair pads did not match. Monday I redid those.

It only took me ALL DAY!! I ripped open the back cushion so I could reuse the stuffing and the spongey stuff went all over!! What fun that was! Any who, I think it turned out okay? And now it matches the sofa. It's muted reds and olive greens. Alittle different than my usual blues, but it matches my roosters, so that is good. (I should redo Katie's cushions, don't you think Katie??)

11 comments:

EaGLeSToNs said...

Did you sew the new chair covers? They look really good. And it only took 1 day? Wow! I'm impressed. That would take me a month to do. At least. They look great!

MoM B. said...

Yep! I sewed them. I even made cording to go around the seat cushion. It was quite fun to do... :)

Katie S said...

It looks really nice. Did you really have that couch for that long?

What cushions are you talking about? I'm confused.

MoM B. said...

Your rocking chair cushions...

EaGLeSToNs said...

Are you saying Katie should have another baby?

MoM B. said...

did you guys scan down--and see Ezra???

MoM B. said...

A new baby would be nice!! Are you & Jake putting you papers in again>>?

Tori and/or Clark said...

Your GRRRRRREAT!!!!! I really like them both, it looks cozy. But I really don't think you bought that other couch when I was 5. I think you may have bought that 18 years ago at the latest! But I think I remember it being brought in when I was in High school. JUst FYI

MoM B. said...

Didn't we get it just after we moved here??

EaGLeSToNs said...

You got the blue and kind of peachy colored ones when you first moved to Delta. There was a sofa and a matching love. The dark blue came much later...

Katie S said...

You should blog about your nakie lady pictures. That was too funny. Lessons learned in fwds.