CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

~~JANUARY PROJECT~~

This is my newest toy. I want to start or I should say add to my Family History and do it scrapbook like. And I want to make some of those vinyl wall sayings. Plus, I know each of you would like wall sayings---? I know it will by well used.
I have been working on this quilt for our bed. I decided I'd do it in plain, solid colors for Darwin. I'm sure he gets tired of flowers all of the time. Then, I did get a bonus when I retired. I have been looking for a sewing machine to buy with it. I was looking for
a machine like I have, but the store I got it from is closed and I don't want to order one off the Internet. So---Darwin noticed Nuttall's was having a Bernina Sale!! Well, Sunday morning on the radio, they announced "Dave's Bernina" was having a Super Sale this weekend. We went up on Monday to check out the machines before the sale so we wouldn't have to rush, then I would go back up for the Super Sale. The Saleslady asked the guy about the sale and they let us get it at the sale price! I finally got up the nerve to try it today, it is so fun and has all of these stitches! Plus, the Cricut will cut out fabric for appliques! I can't wait to try it all!!! Anyhow, this has been the January fun!



5 comments:

Katie S said...

Very cool. Looks like you are going to be busy. Let us know how the Cricut works. I like the quilt. Very nice. And, you can't beat a sale. That's great!

EaGLeSToNs said...

What a fun January for you! Looks like you're taking to retirement well. Gotta have hobbies to keep you busy. I'm excited for you Cricut. and yes, I would love some vinyl lettering. We're coming out in April. I let you know the dates once we get it worked out with where we'll be when. It'll be sometime between the 6th and 12th.

Tori and/or Clark said...

Very fun quilt mom. you are a very talented person.

The Shafers said...

Good for you. I love new toys. Last year Joe wanted to buy me a cricut and I was like what am I going to do with that... Stupid me.. I should have let him. You will definately use it a ton, and I am sure your girls will!!

EaGLeSToNs said...

I blogged, now you can leave me alone for a while about it!