CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

~~THE APRON SWAP~~

I finished my apron for the Swap. What a project this has been!! Did you know that either everyone is using chocolate brown rick rack right now .... or the company isn't making enough of it to go around ! Mom's Fabric here in town was out, Joann's (both stores) was out of it. I had this apron cut out and half sewn, because I thought I could just go to Joann's and get brown rick rack. But no, and all of the pink rick rack was the wrong pink!? And either all the stores had only 1 package of beige or none. So I got on the Internet and ordered 6 packages of sable brown rick rack. It came this morning and I got to work on my apron. It is now done and will get mailed out tomorrow to Stephanie in Iowa. I hope she likes it, she said her favorite colors were brown, pink, blue, and green.

6 comments:

Tori and/or Clark said...

very very cute. Thanks goodness for the internet.

EaGLeSToNs said...

Very cute. I am a super slow seamstress. I made a pair of bitty booties this week since our RS ladies are all having babies. The presidency is each making 2 pair for now and it took me about a week to make them. I have to make another pair now. I think I can finish in a couple days though. they aren't that hard, i just get side-tracked...a lot. You'll have to blog when you get your apron.

Katie S said...

How fun! It's very flouncy. She can wear it and mop her floors in high heels. She's gonna be fashionable!!

The Shafers said...

It was so good to see you. Seriously I love your music! I hope to see you more!

Katie S said...

Hey, if you're ever ready for a change in the look of your blog, let me know. :)

EaGLeSToNs said...

i put some pics on the family recipe blog. they are of the booties i made...